September 23, 2016
This week is Beat Hillcrest, Beat Cancer. We will be doing several activities to win this race! 1st Period classes: we are collecting donations. The class with the largest average dollar amount per student (with a class total minimum of $50) will win a donut breakfast (funded by Dr. Simpson). Also, the teacher of the winning class will win a $50 prize to get school supplies!!! We are bringing back Faculty Follies this Friday!! We will be selling tickets to Faculty Follies at lunch this week. Tickets are $3.00 and will be sold through Thursday. WE won last year!!!! Let’s do it again!!
- Track tryouts will be September 26th for girls and September 29th for boys. Each student must have an updated physical turned in to Coach Carpenter by September 23rd. This is the last week to sign up for track tryouts. If you do not sign up you will not be able to tryout. The tryouts are for the 2017 outdoor season. If you were on the team last year, you still have to tryout this year as well to see if you make the team.
- The National Technical Honor Society will be having a membership drive now-September 30th. This new organization is for students who are concentrators or completors of Career Technical programs here at TCHS. An informative bulletin board is outside of Mrs. Workman's room and application packets can be picked up in any CTE teachers classroom.
- Students, if you have not turned in a free or reduce application you will have to begin paying for your lunch. Make sure that you turn in your application or have lunch money today.
- The first Parent life/Teen Mom meeting of the year is today during 2nd period in the community room. See Nurse Turner if you have any questions.
- Students: If you would like to join the Ping Pong Club, click the paddle image on our home page or see Mr. Hogue room 2202
- FISH is now meeting each Wednesday morning at 7:15 in the upstairs portion of the gym. Join us every Wednesday morning for Bible study and a biscuit!
- Generation 2 plus 2 will meet on Tuesday from 3:15-4:30 in Mrs. Harris’ room-1505. This is going to be a time of worship, prayer and Bible study. Hope to see you there!
- Students who take career tech classes at Holt, TCT or Echols: We are giving you an option this Friday. In the morning, in order to stay here, you must have bought a ticket for our Faculty Follies. If you do not buy a ticket, you must go to your class. In the afternoon, it your option to stay for the pep rally or go to your career tech class. However, roll will be taken in the library, at the sign out up front for drivers, and on the bus. If you are caught skipping, disciplinary action will be taken.