Today is Thursday, March 23, 2017
- A Golden Age of Hollywood Prom 2017 is this Friday from 8pm-11pm. Tickets are available at an increased price. See Mrs. Horton room 1217 if you have any questions.
- If you are interested in becoming a Peer Leader for the 2017-2018 school year, see Coach Herndon in room 1610 4th thru 7th period to pick up an application and sign up. All packets will be due by Monday, April 3rd at 3:00pm.
- Sophomores: If you would like to apply for Forerunners for next year, see Mr. Barkdoll in room 1504 to get an application and more information. Forerunners is a program that emphasizes leadership skills and community awareness. You must have at least a C average, strong leadership skills, good attendance, no discipline record, and references. The deadline to submit an application to the Forerunners Office at the Chamber of Commerce is March 31st. Once again, see Mr. Barkdoll if you are interested in applying for Forerunners for the upcoming school year.
- Sign up now for ACT Prep Classes with Provision Educational Company located in Hillcrest Shopping Center. For more information please call 205-247-6332 or find them on Facebook at Provisional Educational Company.
- The TCHS Peer Leader program is selling BBQ plates to raise money to help pay for conference and other service projects. The plates are $6 each and will include a BBQ sandwich and chips. Delivery is Thursday, April 6th from 4:30-6:30 in the south parking lot at TCHS. Dustin Wright at Echols is smoking the BBQ. He does an awesome job.
- The University of Alabama has two summer residential programs for rising minority 11th and 12th graders interested in Business careers and Accounting. They will each take place for a week in June and are free. If you are interested, go to www.culverhouse.ua.edu/summer-programs and apply by April 15. See your grade level counselor for more information.
- If one of your grandparents graduated from Riverside High School in the Class of 1970, you may be eligible for a $1,000 scholarship. Students who apply must have a 2.5 GPA or higher. See Mrs. Fox for an application, or download one at http://riversidehighschoolclassof1970.com. Deadline is April 1.
- Students who are auditioning this year for the TCHS Colorguard, Majorettes, and Danceline: Remember that we have a mandatory clinic this Saturday, March 25th from 8am-12pm. All candidates are expected to attend. If you have any questions please see Ms. Sturdivant in room 2609.
- Attention students: If you are interested in applying to be a TCHS Ambassador for the 2017-2018 school, year, please see Mrs. Dunn in room 1415 for an application. You must have a “C” average and be a current sophomore or junior. A written interview, an oral interview, and a resume are required. Applications must be returned by noon on Thursday, April 6th.
- The drama department will be selling Krispy Kreme doughnuts and certificates now through March 30. They are $ 8.00 per box or certificate. All sales must be paid in advance. See Mrs. Bellan or any cast member to make your purchase. Thanks for your support of TCHS Drama.