Today is Wednesday, February 22, 2017
- Congratulations to our TCHS boys and girls tennis teams on their winning matches! Sydney Duncan, Haleigh Price, Kayla Caldwell, Jessie Price, Amber Sanford, Bre Layton, and Fernanda Illescas won vs. Sipsey Valley. Tristan Simpson, Max Hammond, Reese Ramsey, Nick Wilkins, Austin Miller, Daniel Eure, Daniel Youngblood, Tristen Lewis, and Will Long won vs. Sipsey Valley. Way to go Wildcats!
- Congratulations to our TCHS choral department for two great nights of showcase concerts. They were fantastic!
- Congratulations to Mrs. Evans who won Advisor of the Year Award from the Alabama Scholastic Press Association at the state convention this weekend.
- Come out this Thursday night, February 23rd and enjoy the first ever TCHS Arts night! It will be held from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. in the TCHS Library and Commons area. Tickets are $5 and can be purchased from Mrs. Evans room 1509. Art night will include student created work including poetry performances, short narrative films, award winning films, monologues and scenes, and musical ensembles; opportunities to collaborate and create new work; and a karaoke competition! Students pay $2 to participate in the karaoke competition; the winner takes home half of the entry fees! Hope to see you there!
- A Golden Age of Hollywood -Prom 2017 will be March 24th at The Tuscaloosa River Market. Senior tickets are $10. Junior and Guest Tickets are $60. Tickets will be sold March 6th thru March 9th during lunch. After March 9th prices will increase. See Mrs. Horton room 1217 before or after school if you have any questions.
- The deadline to turn in your audition materials for the 2017 Colorguard, Danceline, and Majorette auditions is now within 2 weeks. All forms should be turned in to Ms. Sturdivant in room 2609 before March 7th. Don't miss out on your chance to audition!
- TCHS is partnering with The Find Hope Here project of Tuscaloosa to help the homeless in our community. We are competing against Central High School in a Shoe drive. Donate your gently used shoes- they accept all kinds. Place your donation in the box in the commons. Let’s Go Wildcats and beat those Falcons!
- Students, if you are interested in the Cheerleading Program at Tuscaloosa County High School for the 2017-2018 school year, please come by Mrs. McGee's room #1202 to pick up information on evaluations. Cheerleading Evaluations will be March 7-9th. All required eligibility information is due by Friday, February 24th.
- Juniors wanting to help with prom decorations will meet Tuesdays and Thursdays after school in Mrs. Horton's room 1217.
- There will be a Parent Life meeting this Friday, February 24th during 3rd period in the community room.
- If you are interested in learning more about the Medical Field, then Foundations of Health Science is just the elective for you. Come by Mrs. Workman's room #1206 to pick up an application. Applications must be approved for admittance into the class. Applications are due back to Mrs. Workman by Friday, March 3rd.
- Students: SkillsUSA is selling tasty meat sticks for $1 at the end of 1st, 2nd, and 7th period until 3:15 each day. See Mr. Hogue in room 2202.
- Zaps Test Prep is offering an ACT seminar to help you bring up your test scores! It will be at Northside High School on Saturday, March 4, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The fee is $79.99. Register atwww.doorwaytocollege.com or call 1-877-927-8378.
- The Tuscaloosa Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority has a scholarship available for female African American seniors. The deadline to apply is February 24. See Mrs. Fox for an application.
- Seniors - the Wells Fargo Angie Reece Scholarship application is now available for you to pick up from Mrs. Fox. This is for a $500 scholarship just for a TCHS senior. Deadline to apply is March 10.
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure Island" - Walt Disney